It has been quite the year for videogames, and this infographic from video game research firm SuperDataResearch sums it up
It has been quite the year for videogames, and this infographic from video game research firm SuperDataResearch sums it up. Here are a few key points you might want to take note of.
- Average revenue per mobile gamer is not growing fast enough to keep up with rising install costs on Android and iOS.
- Still, Puzzle & Dragons made US$1.5 billion, and that makes it only the second best money making mobile game in the world. Clash of Clans made US$1.8 billion.
- Asia is the fastest growing mobile games market of 2014.
- League of Legends is the world’s top-earning MMO, followed by Crossfire and Dungeon Fighter Online. World of Warcraft comes in at a surprising fourth; and in another surprise, Hearthstone makes its way into the top 10.
- eSports viewership is expected to grow from 101 million in 2014 to 134 million in 2015.
Check out the full infographic here:
This post was originally published on Tech in Asia